We are proud to announce the launch of “Intelligent Embedded Systems Challenge (IESC)” in December 2018! IESC is an exciting competition for academia and industry, organised as part of 8th International Symposium on Embedded computing & system Design (ISED 2018). ISED 2018 is conducted by the Department of Electronics, Cochin University of Science and Technology. This challenge is co-sponsored by NASSCOM, NITCAA and IEEE Young Professionals.
IESC 2018 focuses on the innovative ideas from participants from academic institutes and industries. It is keen on identifying ideas in Intelligent, Embedded and Software/App controlled systems that can help people and society. The shortlisted proposals have to be presented on December 14, 2018 as part of ISED 2018. The demonstration must emphasize the future scope of the product in the industry. IESC 2018 is an all India team event with two tracks :
- Industry Product Challenge: For participants from industry Register Now
- Academic Project Challenge: For students Register Now
The IESC 2018 competition has three phases:
Registration and abstract submission
A preliminary qualification phase, where teams must compile and submit a written report characterizing the ideas, its applications, how they are going to implement the idea, future scope etc.
A final phase, where qualified teams are invited for live demonstration of their implementations of the proposed innovative idea at the prestigious ISED 2018 held at Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala.
Registration opening: 5th November 2018
Report submission deadline: 25th November 2018
Final presentation: 14th December 2018
Rules and Regulations
- A team can consist of 1-5 participants.
- The project should contain an embedded processing component and a software co-processing link.
- Teams should submit a report (not more than 5 pages ) in the link ( coming soon) provided before the deadline.
- Selected participants will be contacted by the screening committee.
- The shortlisted finalist will present their work on Dec 14th 2018.
- The decision by committee is final.
Academic Project Challenge
- Engineering/Science student or graduate within one year is eligible to register.
- You are encouraged to apply as a team. A team can have a maximum of 5 members.
- The team can include a faculty mentor from their own institute.
- If shortlisted a student member from the team must present the work.
Industry Product Challenge
- Any Start-up or a team form an existing company can apply.
- For Start-ups- they should have been incorporated in 2015 or later.
- The team must include an individual who created the work.
- Should be a commercialized product.
Teams are encouraged to start investigating the challenge as early as possible.
It is also recommended to 'watch' this page, as the challenge may be updated periodically.
For registration information, policies, deadlines, prize details, please keep following this page for the next update.
CPS Lab, Department of Electronics, CUSAT
IESC Co-ordinators: Dr. Tripti S. Warrier & Prof. Supriya M. H., Department of Electronics, CUSAT.